Yuck
I have a sinus infection. Today I broke down and went to the doctor about it. He looked up my nose, pronounced it an infection, and gave me amoxicillin, which tastes only marginally less disgusting than Keflex. This happened last spring too, I think I may be fated to blow chunky blots of blood and snot out of my sinuses every spring!
I took Giant Bird to the drugstore to pick up my pills. It's the drugstore I used to work at, and Giant Bird loves visiting my former co-workers and trying to get at the registers (all those buttons! All those pennies!). Most of all, though, he likes meeting kids. This is really unusual in a cockatoo--more often, kids' fast movements and high voices frighten them, but Giant Bird is fearless and will call kids over by shouting, "Hi kid!" Then he politely says hello to them and lets them touch him--even babies. Again--this is highly unusual, most cockatoos would take off a finger of a baby that was getting in their face. But then, this is also the bird who asks for a kitty. He's a weird bird.
Nothing new in the mantis eggs.

1 Comments:
Sinus infections are so nasty! Have you subjected yourself to yarrow yet?
Post a Comment
<< Home