Updates
Absentminded Mastermind and I went for a walk last night, and we found a baby chickadee! The 'dee is about nine days old. This morning, Giant Bird was sitting on me while I fed the baby; the baby gaped and cheeped for food, and Giant Bird hacked up a cropful of regurgitated fries for him! It was so cute/disgusting. Giant Bird missed the 'dee's mouth, so the wad of yarf ended up on the floor.
Back in the late 1990s/early 2000s, I lived across the street from a brilliant but troubled pianist. I would hear him practicing every day. His girlfriend's kid and Beloved Eldest played together. One day Beloved Eldest asked me, "Can I pee in our yard like Pianist does?" and, on inquiry, I learned that Pianist occasionally pissed in my yard when he was drunk. Despite the pee, I got along pretty well with him and his girlfriend. Lots of quasi-deep conversations.
Today I learned that the Pianist died in 2005. Overdose. For some reason I can't really explain this makes me sad. It's almost like I want to believe that old life is still waiting for me somewhere, and this is just another log on its funeral pyre.
P&T has filed for divorce.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home