Sunday, May 04, 2008

Opportunity

At Physics Chat Club, I got invited (by one of the few members under age 50) to join a charity group that seems to have several big wheels in it. They want me to speak to them about my place of business and things that we need. On Tuesday. This Tuesday! This could be huge.

Also, the club president wants me to lecture soon, probably about numbers (because I might as well pick a challenging topic). Even though I've been in the club about a year, pretty much since moving here, I'm still nervous about trying to lead. It's not like I keep my mouth shut--far from it, I'm usually the one dragging some kind of interdisciplinary ideas into discussion--but it's one thing to be in the group talking, and another to be called up to the podium to lecture.

We went to a party across the bridge today. I got a great view of a roseate spoonbill, but couldn't quite get a picture because it kept walking away whenever I would point the camera at it. There was some good music (that I could even sing along with) and grills and what-not. I didn't take Giant Bird because he was sleepy and I wasn't sure if there would be craziness there, but in retrospect I should have, because there were a ton of kids. I really need to get Giant Bird certified as a therapy animal soon, so we can start doing hospital and nursing home visits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home