Monday, March 31, 2008

I bought those things for the first time EVER today

Today, I had to do something I have never in my life done. I walked into a store that was as foreign to me as the moon, or the "feminine hygiene" department was when I was 11, and I bought those things. You know, THOSE things? The things you expect to be carded for and are surprised when you aren't?

I bought them for Patient and Tolerant. I got both kinds, practice and law-enforcement-grade, because I didn't know what he wanted. I assume he wanted practice, so he can go play at the range, but I got the other kind too just in case.

I feel weird that I'm from where I'm from, and yet I have never, myself, pulled a trigger. But I haven't. So far.


Incidentally, at 9:30pm, it is still 80 degrees. This weather PWNS.

P.S. Now that I think of it--how come I meet so few other liberal Democrats who support the entire Bill of Rights, including the Second Amendment? How did my party go so drastically off-point on this issue? Why don't people understand that teenagers should learn to weild both those weapons, automobile and firearm, at about the same time and with equal proficiency? Gah.

3 Comments:

At 9:44 AM, Blogger MoSup said...

You're welcome to join us over here in gun-loving GOP land! I do believe we have some *other* positions you support as well. ;)

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger MoSup said...

You're welcome to join us over here in gun-loving GOP land! I do believe we have some *other* positions you support as well. ;)

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger MoSup said...

Don't know why it posted twice. Maybe blogspot is Republican?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home