It Steam Engines When It's Steam-Engine Time
I am reading a book about the history of Great Powers. It covers Rome, Spain, Holland, and England, and draws some scary parallels to present-day US economic and social conditions. I'm starting to think some things are just fated, like depressions and wars, and there is nothing we can do but be ready to jump the right direction when the time to jump comes.
I have been locked into panic attacks for two days now. It is because I have a very hard time recognizing people I've only seen a few times, and so if there are people who scare me that I've only seen a few times, I will start seeing them in random strangers who vaguely resemble them. I now have two such people. Having the problem with a new dangerous guy has re-opened the scars of the last dangerous-guy encounter, and I'm jumping at shadows and whirling around in stores, thinking I caught a glimpse of one or the other.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home