Thursday, August 16, 2007

I saw a grey fox last night

I had to drive most of the way across the state with an affable but possibly dangerous juvenile delinquent last night. (Battery, sexual assault, lewd and lacivious, battery again, theft, malicious mischief, numerous violations of probation. No one trusts him to sleep in their place anymore, but he's gotta go *somewhere* when he gets out of jail.) Got back home at 1:30 am. On the drive back a grey fox crossed the road twenty feet in front of my car. It is only the second time I have ever seen a fox in the wild, the first one being a red fox I encountered on my way to tutor the neighbor girl in math when I was a teenager. The red fox had turned and looked at me on the sumac-lined path to the door, but this grey fox was intent on his own business and didn't even glance over his shoulder at me.

I have been working eleven, twelve, sixteen hour days because so many people just quit.

2 Comments:

At 10:55 PM, Blogger yooperhermit said...

I have to admire your courage. We are going to be going south next week and will be in touch with you.

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger MoSup said...

And here I thought it was going to be a post about a handsome older man.... gray fox....


I'm working on my plans to go south as well, but I don't think I'll be making it as far south as where you are.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home