Wednesday, June 20, 2007

IT's a small world, after all

So there is a new statewide system being rolled out in The Agency, and I am being trained on it today. Data migration begins this weekend (thank the good lord I am not in IT anymore; data migration's a pain and always, always takes twice as long as estimated). By Monday (HAH!!) we are supposed to be able to use the system.

Well, the first time I played around in the sandbox I had that "gee, I've seen this before" feeling. My suspicions were confirmed this morning, when the trainer told the class this thing is based on a client information system used in A-State-I-Lived-In, that was originally developed for the Nutrition Program of Another-State-I-Lived-In. And guess who designed this thing? A Certain Ex-Husband Of Mine! So, yeah, this is the system we used to call "Autosuckle" back in its very early days, all grown up, with an acronymic name. IT's a small, small world.

1 Comments:

At 8:35 AM, Blogger MoSup said...

That is insane.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home