Really Bad Sinus and Ear Infection
According to Doc Canton, all that is wrong with me is a really, really bad sinus/ear infection. I had sinus X-rays done, they may need to take a Roto-Rooter to the places where my sinuses should be draining (but aren't). I have a high white blood cell count and positive cultures (so I have been in low-grade sepsis) but no anemia, my kidney and liver functions are OK, my ANA titer was low so it isn't Mystery Autoimmune Disease That I Was Gonna Be Diagnosed With Right Before They Found Cancer, and my B-12 was actually higher than average.
The doctor thinks, based on the cultures, that this round of clarithromycin will kill the remaining infection and the Prednisone will shrink the swelling. Whether I will need a Roto-rooter to the schnozzola remains to be seen, but on the X-ray my right sinus was about twice the size of my left sinus, so it's not unlikely.
I go for the dreaded root canal on Friday. Doc and dentist both agree that fixing that broken tooth will prevent reinfection, but I will have to stay on the lookout for anything similar in the future, because my teeth are in such bad shape owing to the radiation.
I can't stand being away from work. My stomach is in knots worrying about what emergencies may be happening because I'm not there. So I've been surreptitiously checking my email every couple of hours and hoping Sarge (my boss-lady, she was in both the Army and Navy!) doesn't catch me at it.
Dear Yooperhermit and Mrs. Yooperhermit, please send me some yarrow! I can't find it in the store, and I am at wit's end with antibiotics and Prednisone and steroid inhalers and steroid nose-misters and pseudoephredine and Percocet and all this other stuff that doesn't seem to be fixing me. If yarrow can keep a cat going so long past his near-fatal accident, maybe it will KO this creeping crud once and for all.
P.S. Also I am sick of sleeping. I have never liked to sleep, and I keep having to do it a lot.

1 Comments:
I find it interesting that you used "accident" to describe what that crazy cat did! He ate the insulation on purpose!
Have you tried the neti pot? The Lesley swears by it.
Hope you're feeling better soon! No mono, right?
Post a Comment
<< Home