Bunny and Scorpions
For reasons too complicated to explain here, we have obtained a breeding pair of Imperial Scorpions named Pinchy (girl) and Stingy (boy). They are each as big as my hand. Imperial Scorpion stings are not dangerous, and the scorps themselves are very docile and would rather pinch than sting. So far both of them are ignoring the crickets provided to feed them and instead eating the dog kibble intended for the crickets.
In an unrelated move, Patient and Tolerant acquired a baby rabbit the size of a computer mouse, furred out and eyes open but still taking some formula feedings. The bunny managed to escape yesterday and disappeared until P&T found it under the bed. (Bun's too young to determine sex yet, so I will use English's only ungendered pronoun for now). After being found, Bun took 3 Tbsp. formula (KMR and heavy cream), peed all over me, and promptly went to sleep.
Work's okay, I'm not fired yet.

2 Comments:
That makes one of us! Quit bragging, sister!
Sorry, I just read your blog! My job was actually in jeopardy last Friday, when an ear/sinus infection and subsequent busted ear-drum caused me to miss a Critical Phone Call (and caused my boss to have to spend her Friday evening driving a kid around the state). I've missed a lot of work now due to my inability to de-infect my sinuses/ears/nose/teeth/head (this has been going on since spring and I'm on the nth round of amoxicillin and fighting my insurance company for pre-approval of oral surgery--a battle I'm likely to lose). You have my condolences. :-(
Post a Comment
<< Home