Thursday, May 08, 2008

What Happened with the Opportunity

I went to that women's club, and ended up becoming the secretary. Apparently this club is a Very Big Thing here in the South. I came up with an idea for a charity event to raise membership and collect supplies for kids at the same time. (Ice cream social, price of admission donation of school supplies.) They liked that idea, so I may have found myself on a committee to make it happen.

In other news, scary weaponized delusional guy tried to contact me again. Here's the weirdest thing about it, he takes his mother--who seems at least moderately rational--with him everywhere. And yet she never points out to him when the things he is doing are inappropriate! You'd think she would at least try to channel him into a more normal direction. Instead, she sits there quietly reading thick pulp books, seeming not to notice as her son becomes increasingly bellicose toward anyone he perceives as having any sort of control, and also not noticing that the things he says are becoming progressively more bizarre and inappropriate to a business meeting. I'm convinced that someday, if this guy goes off, his mom will be calmly sitting there reading some Oprah's Book Club Selection as her son unloads his automatic weaponry in all directions.

1 Comments:

At 12:53 PM, Blogger MoSup said...

Which women's club?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home