I think I have Pinkeye
I think I have pinkeye. My eye hurts and is red and watering and making gross yellow stuff. I am going to have to see the doctor tomorrow, I think.
Still no mantis hatch...nor quails, either. And no, I don't need to pee on a stick!
Giant Bird got his wing wet with a Giant Beer a couple nights ago, so I had to find out how to clean feathers safely. Did you know there is such a thing as POULTRY SHAMPOO?! I repeat...Poultry. Shampoo. Shampoo for chickens. It costs $11 for an 8-oz. bottle! Instead of buying ridiculously expensive poultry shampoo, I just bought a semi-expensive all-natural-organic-crunchy PH-balanced aloe-and-keratin human shampoo and a bottle of bluing. I washed Giant Bird in the sink, really lathered him up, not just a soak-down like he normally has when he showers with me. (The best thing about giant birds is they will shower with you!) Then I rinsed him, then gave him a bluing rinse (a couple of drops of bluing to a couple pints of water). After I blow-dried him with the ionic blowdrier I bought mostly for that purpose (I don't blow my hair dry often), his feathers were very shiny white and looked gorgeous!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home