Monday, June 05, 2006

The Pinkeye is Finally Over

The doctor gave me Cipro eyedrops and they cleared the pinkeye up really fast.

I got some bad news a couple days ago. My would-have-been-if-the-marriage-hadn't-dissolved niece, my ex-husband's brother's youngest daughter, is dying. I never even got the chance to meet her. She's just a baby. Apparently she was born with a disorder that causes the liver and brain to shut down, and she has maybe another four months to live. My kids are very upset about this; they never got a chance to meet her either. I really wish the ex would get them some counseling, not just about this but about everything.

The disorder that the baby has is an autosomal recessive, meaning that my ex's brother and his wife both carry the recessive gene for it. It's weird that so many bizarre genetic problems exist all at once in that family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home